    fine. What is going on here and is this an error?

    Thanks
    Msuk
    =?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=, Nov 30, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    When the WebForm renders.

    You can see this if you find the .vb file the ASP.NET runtime
    generates from the ASPX page. It will be in the Temporary ASP.NET
    Files directory where the framework is installed and the relavant part
    would look something like:

    Public Class temp_aspx

    Sub Output()
    Response.Write("Foo")
    End Sub

    Private Sub __Render__control1( _
    ByVal __output As HtmlTextWriter, _
    ByVal parameterContainer As Control)

    parameterContainer.Controls(0).RenderControl(__output)

    Output()

    End Sub

    End Class

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Hi,

    Sorry I dont understand what this has to do with my problem could you please
    explain further?

    Thanks
    Msuk

    =?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=, Nov 30, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Oh, I apologize msuk, I don't how that post ended up here!

    In regards to your problem, I think it is a message you can safely
    ignore. The IDE tries to be helpful and smart but it isn't flexible
    enough to handle all the valid syntax and constructs that can go into
    HTML / ASPX. It has a list of things that are valid, but it is only a
    subset of all the things that are really valid. Know what I mean?

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Hi,

    thanks for your response, is their anyway to switch this off or load the
    correct HTML/ASPX schema's?

    Thanks
    Msuk

    =?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=, Nov 30, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bXN1aw==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    I believe you can turn it off under Tools -> Options -> Text Editor ->
    Html/XML -> Html Specific -> Enable HTML Validation. Whew, what a
    mouthful.

    You can modify these schemas. I've never tried but I believe there are
    some articles floating around on the subject. I can see the .xsd files
    it uses for validation in
    <vs.net install dir>\Common7\Packages\schemas\html

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 30, 2004