ASP.Net and FrontPage mixed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by joe, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. joe

    joe Guest

    Not sure if this is the best place to ask this or not but I am wondering if
    it is possible to run a "mixed" website.
    That is, use pages which leverage ASP.net where appropriate and pages which
    leverage FrontPage Server extentions (I use FP 2000) on the same web site.

    Is it possible?

    Any trips?

    Any features which won't work? (assuming I don't try to mix the format on an
    individual page)

    Is there anything I need to tell my web host in the way of configuration on
    the server other than to enable FP extentions (the site is already ASP.Net
    enabled and my site does not yet have FP server extentions enabled although
    my local development machine does)?

    Any pro's and cons would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    joe, Jun 26, 2003

  2. As long as your ASPX pages don't have FrontPage run-time components in them,
    it will be fine. The reason is that the FrontPage run-time components use
    FrontPage server extensions at run-time, and FrontPage server extensions are
    a different ISAPI than ASP.Net.

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP