    Jerry Guest

    ASP.net is that what is used to create web pages on a server such as IIS?
    ASP.net is part of visual studio, what software package contains IIS?
    Jerry, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Jerry wrote:
    > ASP.net is that what is used to create web pages on a server such as
    > IIS?

    It's one of the technologies that can be used. The older version of ASP can
    also be used with IIS.

    > ASP.net is part of visual studio, what software package contains
    > IIS?

    The appropriate version of Windows will have it.

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Nov 21, 2007