    the .Net studio to be installed (which will upgrade the
    IIS) or do I need anything separate to upgrade my IIS
    Server?

    Abhijeet, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Abhijeet

    Gary Varga Guest

    Assuming that you've installed the .NET Framework runtime
    you need to run the following command line:

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
    \aspnet_regiis.exe

    Please note that this assumes v1.0 of the framework,
    otherwise, select the appropriate version directory.

    HTH,
    Gaz

    fine
    >with the ASP applications but not with aspx. I do not
    >have .Net studio installed on my machine.
    >
    >When I try to access any aspx page, it opens it like a
    >text file in browser. The aspnet_wp.exe file is not
    >present on my system.
    >
    >I want to run asp.net pages on the system. Does this

    need

    Gary Varga, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Abhijeet

    Jos Guest

    "Abhijeet" <> wrote in message
    > I have Windows 2000 OS with SP1. How to make the IIS
    > server to work with ASP.NET? Currently the IIS works fine
    > with the ASP applications but not with aspx. I do not
    > have .Net studio installed on my machine.
    >
    > When I try to access any aspx page, it opens it like a
    > text file in browser. The aspnet_wp.exe file is not
    > present on my system.
    >
    > I want to run asp.net pages on the system. Does this need
    > the .Net studio to be installed (which will upgrade the
    > IIS) or do I need anything separate to upgrade my IIS
    > Server?

    You need to install at least the dotNET distributable
    (about 23 MB)

    You can find it here:
    http://www.asp.net/download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
    The installation is very easy, normally you don't even have
    to reboot.

    --

    Jos

    Jos, Jul 18, 2003