ASP.NET and IIS Server.

Abhijeet

I have Windows 2000 OS with SP1. How to make the IIS
server to work with ASP.NET? Currently the IIS works fine
with the ASP applications but not with aspx. I do not
have .Net studio installed on my machine.

When I try to access any aspx page, it opens it like a
text file in browser. The aspnet_wp.exe file is not
present on my system.

I want to run asp.net pages on the system. Does this need
the .Net studio to be installed (which will upgrade the
IIS) or do I need anything separate to upgrade my IIS
Server?

Gary Varga

Assuming that you've installed the .NET Framework runtime
you need to run the following command line:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
\aspnet_regiis.exe

Please note that this assumes v1.0 of the framework,
otherwise, select the appropriate version directory.

HTH,
Gaz

Jos

Abhijeet said:
I have Windows 2000 OS with SP1. How to make the IIS
server to work with ASP.NET? Currently the IIS works fine
with the ASP applications but not with aspx. I do not
have .Net studio installed on my machine.

When I try to access any aspx page, it opens it like a
text file in browser. The aspnet_wp.exe file is not
present on my system.

I want to run asp.net pages on the system. Does this need
the .Net studio to be installed (which will upgrade the
IIS) or do I need anything separate to upgrade my IIS
Server?

You need to install at least the dotNET distributable
(about 23 MB)

You can find it here:
http://www.asp.net/download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
The installation is very easy, normally you don't even have
to reboot.