ASP.NET and Images not displayed!!

Stelios Skiathitis

In a datagrid I create a template column having a hyperlink to an image file
in a specific folder.
Depending on the row id the link to the image is different.
The NavigateUrl property of the hyperlink is like
http://localhost/imgFiles/afisa.jpg
When i click the link a blank image icon is shown (an X).
The folder properties have all permissions for IUSR_....... and NETWORK
SERVICE accounts.

What am I missing?

Scott Allen

You can look in the IIS logs to see if this is a permissions issue (a
401 error) or resource not found (404 error). It could be either. What
sort of authentication scheme are you using?

Stelios Skiathitis

The following is what has been written in the log file.
Status code 200 - OK. The client request has succeeded.
I'm using forms authentication.
In other similar situation, e.g. saving and reading doc or pdf in a
folder the permission are ok. The folder containing that image has the
same persmissions.
When accessing images stored in another folder the images are displayed
correctly

06:55:09 192.168.0.4 GET /keta/DV_KETA/Invitations/Afisa.jpg 200

Scott Allen

That seems odd - I'd expect a 400 type error in the log. At least it
does not sound like a permissions issue.