    if so, are they showstoppers or are there workarounds?

    TIA,

    Jan
    Jan Timmer, Jul 18, 2003

  2. You're only facing problems if you try to use HTML elements that are not
    supported by that browser.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Big things are made up of
    lots of little things.

    "Jan Timmer" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > One of our clients wants a web application. Several offices (worldwide
    > distributed) only have internet explorer 4.0.
    >
    > Are we facing problems when we develop an ASP.NET application for them?

    And

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 18, 2003

  3. If you stick to the .NET controls, you should not have a problem. The main
    gotchas with IE 4.0 are moving into heavy DHTML or working wtih XML in the
    browser. I would still test everything with IE 4.0, which means setting up a
    windows 98 box(?), but you should not have a lot of problems.

    Work primarily with post back rather than trying to set up hierarchical data
    grids, as you might end up with a gotcha here.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

    ****
    Think Outside the Box!
    ****

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 18, 2003
  4. Hi Jan

    On all Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft® Internet
    Explorer 5.01 or later are required.

    This is minimum requirement.

    HTH
    Ravikanth

    Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 18, 2003
  5. read what Microsoft say is a minimum for there software

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/productinfo/sysreqs/default.aspx

    \(Liquid\) Daniel Bass, Jul 18, 2003
  6. Jan Timmer

    Gary Varga Guest

    Don't forget to the the project setting "Target schema"
    under "Designer Defaults" to Netscape Navigator 4.0 to
    ensure v4 browser level compatibility. Please note that
    this doesn't stop you breaking compatibility, however,
    the ASP.NET controls use this setting to guage what HTML
    to generate.

    HTH,
    Gaz

    Gary Varga, Jul 18, 2003