asp. net and message box???

Ernesto Salas

hi everybody!!! i'm just beginning with asp.net programming and the
first problem i'm facing is how to display a warning message.

my situation is this: i'm developing an intranet with access rights
and when someone unauthorized wants to enter in a specific page (aspx)
i want to show a warning message. i read somewhere that i have to use
javascript for that, but i just don't see how to do it. i would like
,if it's possible, to fire this warning on the aspx load event.

another question , does anybody know why i can't retrieve the value of
a session variable in a normal page (i mean not aspx) and yet i can do
it in an aspx page? it's not the first time this happend to me, this
happened even before i got this job!!!

thnx in advance, ernesto.-

Scott M.

Since your code runs server-side, you can't use a MessageBox. MessageBoxes
are functions of the client, not the server. You can send some client-side
code down to the browser (JavaScript alert()).

Ernesto Salas said:
hi everybody!!! i'm just beginning with asp.net programming and the
first problem i'm facing is how to display a warning message.

my situation is this: i'm developing an intranet with access rights
and when someone unauthorized wants to enter in a specific page (aspx)
i want to show a warning message. i read somewhere that i have to use
javascript for that, but i just don't see how to do it. i would like
,if it's possible, to fire this warning on the aspx load event.

another question , does anybody know why i can't retrieve the value of
a session variable in a normal page (i mean not aspx) and yet i can do
it in an aspx page? it's not the first time this happend to me, this
happened even before i got this job!!!

Define a "normal" page.