ASP.NET and mono

Coding Maniac

Hello,

I have a ASP.NET application developed using VB.NET and running
perfectly well in Windows plataforms.
But I have a client that need to run this application in a linux
server.
What efforts I must take to put this ASP.NET application running on
linux? Will I need to rewrite the application??

Thank you.

Juan T. Llibre

The application should run fine.

To run asp.net on linux, use either the xsp server
(mostly used for development) or mod_mono for apache.

This last one should be your server of choice.

Get more info at : http://www.mono-project.com/ASP.NET

Note : ASP.NET 2.0 support is incomplete, using xsp2.
ASP.NET 1.0 or 1.1 work fine.

Juan T. Llibre

"compiles Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL)
into standard Java bytecode"

Ugh!

:)

Juan T. Llibre

I refer more to the process.

Compiling to MSIL and *then* compiling to Java bytecode
is bound to be not too good for performance.

Eliyahu Goldin

"compiles Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL)
into standard Java bytecode"
Is that a sort of taboo word? Excuse my ignorance, I have never worked with
Java.