    the page?

    regards,
    Jonel
    Jonel Rienton, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Jonel Rienton

    Scott M. Guest

    Did you make any changes to the target browser in the ASP.NET page
    (Uplevel/Downlevel/IE)?

    It could be a simple matter of the page rendering being targeted to IE and
    not generic browsers.

    Scott M., Nov 28, 2003

  3. Scott M. wrote:
    > Did you make any changes to the target browser in the ASP.NET page
    > (Uplevel/Downlevel/IE)?
    >
    > It could be a simple matter of the page rendering being targeted to IE and
    > not generic browsers.
    >

    > "Jonel Rienton" <csharp@nospam_here.core.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>i've created a simple web application and throw in some labels,
    >>textboxes and requiredfield validators in there.
    >>
    >>during my testing using different browsers, i've noticed that when i was
    >>using Mozilla browsers(Firebird[0.7 tech preview] and Mozilla[5.0]),
    >>i've noticed that the validators are not being rendered in the page.
    >>it's being rendered properly in IE.
    >>
    >>is this considered a bug or by design in the ASP.NET engine that renders
    >>the page?
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>Jonel

    Scott,

    It didn't help, the page still does not render the requiredfield
    validator even if i chose IE 3.02 or NS 3.0 in the targetSchema property.

    thanks,
    Jonel
    Jonel Rienton, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Jonel Rienton

    Scott M. Guest

    No, not the TargetSchema property (that just checks your code to see if it
    adheres to the specific language syntax. The ClientTarget property is what
    to be looking at.

    Valid values are:

    ie4
    ie5
    uplevel
    downlevel

    Scott M., Nov 28, 2003
  5. Scott M. wrote:
    > No, not the TargetSchema property (that just checks your code to see if it
    > adheres to the specific language syntax. The ClientTarget property is what
    > to be looking at.
    >
    > Valid values are:
    >
    > ie4
    > ie5
    > uplevel
    > downlevel
    >

    > "Jonel Rienton" <csharp@nospam_here.core.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Scott M. wrote:
    >>
    >>>Did you make any changes to the target browser in the ASP.NET page
    >>>(Uplevel/Downlevel/IE)?
    >>>
    >>>It could be a simple matter of the page rendering being targeted to IE

    > and
    >
    >>>not generic browsers.
    >>>

    >>>"Jonel Rienton" <csharp@nospam_here.core.com> wrote in message

    >>Scott,
    >>
    >>It didn't help, the page still does not render the requiredfield
    >>validator even if i chose IE 3.02 or NS 3.0 in the targetSchema property.
    >>
    >>thanks,
    >>Jonel

    Scott,

    Setting the ClientTarget property to uplevel renders the requiredfield
    validator on the page, thanks. However, the validation is not being
    called on the client side even though the EnableClientScript of the
    validator is set to true, it still allows the page to post back even if
    the control being validated is empty, but i guess this is now become a
    browser issue.

    thanks for the input,

    Jonel
    Jonel Rienton, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Hi,

    I've added this code to the web.config file to render everything correctly,
    even on mozilla browser, but the pageValidator.

    <browserCaps>

    <case match="Gecko/[-\d]+">

    browser=Netscape frames=true tables=true cookies=true javascript=true
    javaapplets=true ecmascriptversion=1.5 w3cdomversion=1.0 css1=true css2=true
    xml=true tagwriter=System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter

    <case match="rv:1.0[^\.](?'letters'\w*)"> version=6.0 majorversion=6
    minorversion=0

    <case match="^b" with="${letters}">

    beta=true

    version=7.0

    majorversion=7

    minorversion=0

    <case match="^b" with="${letters}">

    beta=true

    </browserCaps>

    ASP.NET engine performs validation on server side even if the validation
    controls is not rendered on the page. If something fails it set the
    Page.IsValid property to false.

    handle this and everything wil work fine.

    Hope This Helps

    Stefano Mostarda

    Rome Italy

    stefano mostarda, Nov 28, 2003