    if they're on Windows they can use IE.

    Any suggestions, comments, solutions are all welcomed.

    Thanks

    Alex A., Nov 28, 2005

  2. Just wanted to note that Opera on Windows works fine, not 100% but maybe 95%
    or so.
    Of course you mentioned another browser.

    Edwin Knoppert, Nov 28, 2005

  3. You'll need to do a lot of testing with Apple Safari if you want to support
    that browser.
    There is no single way to get the pages to display great in both browsers.
    In some cases you can add styles to controls to get them to appear properly.
    In some cases you can customize the HTML to get things to appear properly.
    In some cases it will be easiest to do a browser detection and output one
    thing for IE and another for Safari.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Nov 28, 2005
  4. Alex A.

    Alex A. Guest

    I have to support Safari, 10% or so of our community run Macs.

    I'd be happy if my problem at the moment was just formatting and
    working so it looked "right", but right now some of the basic
    functionality if not even working.

    Such as populating Dropdownlists, datagrid not displaying, etc...

    Alex A., Nov 28, 2005
  5. Alex A.

    Alex A. Guest

    I'd be happy if at the moment if my only issue was making it look
    "right" for the Mac, the most basic functionality is not even working
    on any other browser than IE.

    Dropdownlists not populating, datagrids not displaying, etc...

    Alex A., Nov 28, 2005
  6. Alex A.

    Marina Guest

    I am guessing asp.net just doesn't know how to render things properly on
    browsers that either support little functionality, or support it in a
    different.

    You may be better off not using server side controls, and just using plain
    HTML controls, that post to the server in response to user interaction. This
    way you have 100% control over what HTML is being sent down to the browser.

    Marina, Nov 28, 2005
  7. Have you tried ASP.NET 2.0 yet?
    It's supposed to have improved cross browser support, although I haven't yet
    tried it with Safari.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Nov 28, 2005
  8. Alex A.

    Alex A. Guest

    I've test 2.0 but not with this and this is a production site so it
    won't go 2.0 for a few months.

    Alex A., Nov 28, 2005