ASP.net and Oracle error System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGV0cm8=?=, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. Hello all,
    My asp.net web application works on my machine but I get the following error
    on our test web server, There is only one oracle home on the test server.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

    Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle.

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Oracle error occurred,
    but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle.

    Source Error:

    Line 220: cmBS.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
    Line 221: cmBS.CommandText =
    "OracleInstance.GETBLANKETSTATUS.procListBlanketStatus";
    Line 222:
    Line 223: OleDbDataAdapter daBS = new OleDbDataAdapter();
    Line 224: daBS.SelectCommand = cmBS;

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Myfile\myaspxpage.aspx.cs Line: 222

    Stack Trace:

    [OleDbException (0x80004005): Oracle error occurred, but error message could
    not be retrieved from Oracle.]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +20
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider() +57
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
    ConnectionState& originalState) +44
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior) +304
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior) +77
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36
    WebReportMenu.BlanketContract.getData() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webreportmenu\blanketcontract.aspx.cs:222
    WebReportMenu.BlanketContract.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webreportmenu\blanketcontract.aspx.cs:102

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032

    =?Utf-8?B?cGV0cm8=?=, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Is this how you use stored proc when using ORACLE "cmBS.CommandText =
    "OracleInstance.GETBLANKETSTATUS.procListBlanketStatus";
    "?
    And are you sure your connection string is ok.

    "petro" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > My asp.net web application works on my machine but I get the following

    error
    > on our test web server, There is only one oracle home on the test server.
    > Does anyone know how to resolve this error?
    >
    > Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from

    Oracle.

    about

    ------

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 18, 2005

  3. First let me say, thanks for responding any assistance is greatly appreciated
    I have been struggling with this for days and this project was supposed be go
    live by today!

    Yes I do use OracleInstance.GETBLANKETSTATUS.procListBlanketStatus
    and my application does work on my computer but it does not work when I move
    it to a web server.
    This is my connection string:
    "provider=MSDAORA; User Id=myUSER; Data Source=OracleDev;
    Password=myPassword;"

    Here is some of my connection code:
    OleDbCommand cmBS = new OleDbCommand();
    cmBS.Connection = oCn;
    cmBS.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
    cmBS.CommandText =
    "OracleInstance.PIMA_GETBLANKETSTATUS.pima_procListBlanketStatus";

    OleDbDataAdapter daBS = new OleDbDataAdapter();
    daBS.SelectCommand = cmBS;
    daBS.AcceptChangesDuringFill = false;
    daBS.Fill(DS,"BLANKET_STATUS");

    I have created a test app with different providers and when I use
    OraOLEDB.Oracle I get an error.
    This is the connections string
    "provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle; User Id=myUSER; Data Source=OracleDev;
    Password=myPassword;"

    This is the new error:
    No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information
    available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

    Source Error:

    Line 40: OleDbDataAdapter daBS = new OleDbDataAdapter();
    Line 41: daBS.SelectCommand = cmBS;
    Line 42: daBS.Fill(DS,"BLANKET_STATUS");
    Line 43:
    Line 44: //this.ugTest.DataBind

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oraoledb_connection\webform1.aspx.cs
    Line: 42

    Stack Trace:

    [OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available:
    REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).]

    [InvalidOperationException: The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle' provider is not registered
    on the local machine.]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProviderError(Int32 hr)
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(OleDbConnectionString
    constr)
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
    ConnectionState& originalState)
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior)
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior)
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
    OraOLEDB_Connection.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oraoledb_connection\webform1.aspx.cs:42
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    =?Utf-8?B?cGV0cm8=?=, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Petro trying going through this article at:-
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2004/Feb/ODP.NET02.asp
    Amd also:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4f55d429-17dc-45ea-
    bfb3-076d1c052524&displaylang=en
    Also see http://www.connectionstrings.com/ and try other providers
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    "petro" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    ------
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;

    ASP.NET
    > Version:1.1.4322.2032
    >

    > "Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:
    >
    > > Is this how you use stored proc when using ORACLE "cmBS.CommandText =
    > > "OracleInstance.GETBLANKETSTATUS.procListBlanketStatus";
    > > "?
    > > And are you sure your connection string is ok.
    > >

    > > "petro" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello all,
    > > > My asp.net web application works on my machine but I get the following

    > > error
    > > > on our test web server, There is only one oracle home on the test

    server.
    > > > Does anyone know how to resolve this error?
    > > >
    > > > Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from

    the

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 19, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cGV0cm8=?=

    Eric Guest

    It sounds like you need to download the oraoledb driver from oracle and
    install it on the server

    The oledb driver is not part of the 'standard' oracle client install
    package... It is only installed when you choose custom or a 'developer' type
    install

    The easiest way to tell if it's installed: go to start -> programs ->
    oracle home x.xx -> application development -> OraOLEDB
    Documentation.html... if that link does not exist, you don't have the driver
    installed... (Of course there are other ways to figure it out, but that's
    what I check first)

    Go to technet.oracle.com and find your way to driver downloads... If you
    have the client installation cd, you can probably custom install it from
    there.... It Oledb for oracle is also installed when you install their .net
    suite of tools...

    If you can use oraoledb, I would stick with it; OO4O and ODP.net are better
    for accessing oracle, but neither are easily portable to other db's (whereas
    oracle's ole db driver is--codewise at least)....

    Eric, Nov 19, 2005
  6. We got it working! The system admisinstrator downloaded the current MDAC and
    uninstalled and reinstalled Oracle and now it works. Thanks for your replies.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGV0cm8=?=, Nov 21, 2005