ASP.NET and Sybase.ASE Client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Craig M, Jan 31, 2008.

  1. Craig M

    Craig M Guest

    Hello All,

    I am new to this newsgroup so if I'm posting in the wrong area please let me
    know.

    I have an ASP.NET 2.0 application running on the 3.0 Framework using the
    Sybase.ASE.Client to connect to Sybase. Everything seems to be working, but
    occasionaly
    I will see the following error: Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException: Client
    unable to establish a connection at ....

    I have a feeling it has to do with the connection pooling. I have included
    my connection string, but I think I have all the necessary entries in there.

    <add name="MYDSN" connectionString="Data
    Source='xx.xx.xx.xxx';Port='xxxx';UID='user';Password='password';Database='dbname';Charset='iso_1';AnsiNull=0;Pooling=True;
    Min Pool Size=10; Max Pool Size=100;Connection
    Timeout=60;ApplicationName=Extranet OCE"
    providerName="Sybase.Data.AseClient"/>

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Craig