asp.net and Web Accessibility Standards

Paul G

Hi There,

I do alot of work for educational institutions that need to support
text-based browsers (such as Lynx) that do not support Javascript. I noticed
that to use the controls in the asp.net architecture, a javascript postback
seems to be required. Is there a way to handle this postback on the server
side, without javascript?

So far, all I see is that you need to move your form elelments outside of a
form to do this, which is pointless. Can anyone maybe point me in the
direction of a good article or paraphrase a quick way to do this?

Thanks in advace,

-Paul

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You can resort to the lowest common denominator in asp.net and use the html
controls only should your browser be detected as lynx - the webcontrols
should downgrade but dont know how far down they will go for none postback
in a non javascript browser like lynx. Your really on about your page being
static, basically no forms and lots of thought to your layout.

Have a read of this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/vstudio/vstudio_070902.asp

Regards

John Timney