ASP.NET and Websphere MQ

Ming

Hi Experts,

I'm going to develop a new intranet application based on the .NET framework
and use ASP.NET for development.
Our app mainly access data from AS/400 DB2 while small amount of data will
be accessed from SQL Server.

Our main concern is the way to connect to Websphere MQ and it's reliability.
Reading from M$, there are a least three methods:
1. Using Websphere MQ classes for .NET
2. Using 3rd party bridge program
3. Using HIS and MSMQ-MQSeries bridge

We will probably go for option (1), and I got some documents from IBM as
well. However, I notice that this document only mention how to connect to
Websphere MQ running on Windows platform, while I'm going to connect to a
AS400 platform!

Is it the case that the MQ classes can only connect to Windows MQ?

And there are two modes for of connection:
- Client Connection
- Binding mode
Which one should I use in my situation?

If you have any reference site or related documents......can you share it to
me too?

Many Thx!!

DB2

Hi Ming,

If you go for option 2, have a look at StarQuest Data Replicator
(www.starquest.com), it is designed for DB2 access from SQL Server and
allows fast data replication. It also ships with an ODBC driver for
DB2.

Bob

Natty Gur

Hi,

we are using option no. 1 to get data written from Mainframe (natural +
adabas). technically the queue can be access from natural or .Net
regardless the queue physical location. if you need more help contact me
via my e-mail.

Note that using option 1 prevents you from using queued components
(supports by COM+). so if you are need to take advantage of queued
components consider using the second or the third options (I use the
third).

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Ming

Hi,

I've email you but can't get your reply.....
Can you provide me more information? My case is simple.......using .NET to
connect to Websphere MQ and access data stored in AS/400 DB2.
I'm very new to both .NET and MQ, it would be great if you can show me some
example, pros and cons of using the 'Websphere MQ Classes for .NET'......and
I think we will stick to option (1)!

and, what is a 'queued components'? how will it affect my design?

Many thx!!!!!!!!

Guest

Hi

I just think there should have some COM object available for accessing MQ as used in ASP
Can I just call this COM object in my .NET application? My concerns is the performance (w/ RCW).....please advise as well

P.S. I think this is option 4.....^.

Thx!!

Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Ming,

I'm also looking for same thing. Have you solve this problem?
If yes, please help me.....