ASP.NET App How to convert AVI to WMV

bruno

I need to convert AVI files to WMV format in a ASP.NET app.
The App, being hosted on external IIS provider, can't shell any EXE program,
so I'm looking for a DLL library. I didn't find any solution on the web.
Any suggestions?

bruno

Thaks for your response.
Unfortunatly it's a wrapper that use ffmpeg.EXE converter.
I found a C# library version of ffmpeg.dll but any example on how to use it
to convert avi files.

Andy O'Neill

bruno said:
Thaks for your response.
Unfortunatly it's a wrapper that use ffmpeg.EXE converter.
I found a C# library version of ffmpeg.dll but any example on how to use
it
to convert avi files.
google on
windows media encoder automation

ot
windows media encoder sdk

WME is free.

bruno

I tried WME but unfortunatly it requires a software installation and I can't
install any software on the web server.

Andy O'Neill

bruno said:
I tried WME but unfortunatly it requires a software installation and I
can't
install any software on the web server.

Oh dear.
Well I think you're back to ffmpeg then.

When I googled, I found some people using ffmpeg.exe and some examples.
The command line arguments looked rather painful.
I didn't post a link to them because I also found recommendations for WME
that pointed out it was quicker and better.
If you can't use WME then I suggest you get googling.
Maybe WME has better dll.