ASP.Net app in DMZ cannot be accessed by client PC's

hakl

Hi,
I have a small asp.net app (with SSL, Win 2003 server standare, IIS6, SQL
2k)) which was working fine before it was moved to the DMZ. The application
is accessed through our intranet only. We've given IP addresses of the user
workstations that need access to the Server to the security people.

My PC was allowed access to the Server (in DMZ) so I can setup the app. I
was able to open the application through the browser on the Server with no
problems, however I cannot open the application through the browser on my PC
which has been given access to connect to the server using Remotely Anywhere.

This is the first time that I work with ASP.net in the DMZ. Any ideas/leads
would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
hakl

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello hakl,

well - make sure TCP/433 is enabled on the firewall - as that is the port
you use for SSL.

otherwise install a packet sniffer like www.ethereal.com and see what's going
on.