ASP.NET App Pools

dm1608

Hi, all.

I have a question regarding ASP.NET and Application Pools as defined within
IIS Manager.

I have a bunch of in-house ASP.NET applications that I frequently have to
install on my IIS 6 server -- approx. 40 total. We have a custom
application pool that we must assign these ASP.NET applications to to
recycle memory, etc. Unfortuantely, every time I install a new ASP.NET, it
uninstalls the original and re-installs. This requires me to manually go
into IIS Manager and click on the virtual directory for the application and
edit its properties to assign to custom application pool.

My question is, is there a way I can automate this via scripting or some
other mechanism? I know what applications need to be within what app
pool -- so I just need to know how I can accomplish this non-interactively.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

....david

Bruce Barker

look at the wmi admin objects, you can create the app pools and assign them
from script. you could add the script to your install.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)