ASP.NET application cant access network drive

Guest

My ASP.NET application needs read/write permissions for drive "Z:", which is mapped to my Linksys Gigadrive (Network Attached Storage...if anyone is familiar with that).

If I configure the Gigadrive with "Guest" access rights, then everything works fine, BUT this leaves the drive vulnerable to everyone/everything including network viruses. Lately, my drive has had several attacks by the Lovegate virus.

Eliminating such attacks requires making my drive private, meaning I must remove "Guest" access rights and only allow logged-in users to access the drive through the ASP.NET applicaiton.

The problem is that without "guest" access rights, the ASP.NET application itself cannot access the drive!

Is my ASP.NET application a "user" that I must add to the list of priviledged users on the Gigadrive? Well, I tried adding users "ASPNET" and "IUSR_MyComputer" to the Gigadrive, but it didnt seem to work.

Again, if I allow the "Everyone" group (which includes the user "Guest") to have persmission to the drive, then everything works.

Can someone please help me?

Evertjan.

wrote on 17 jul 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
My ASP.NET application needs
[..]
Can someone please help me?

Sure:

Please ask an dotnet group, as this NG is classical ASP only.