ASP.NET application cant access network drive

G

My ASP.NET application needs read/write permissions for drive "Z:", which is mapped to my Linksys Gigadrive (Network Attached Storage...if anyone is familiar with that).

If I configure the Gigadrive with "Guest" access rights, then everything works fine, BUT this leaves the drive vulnerable to everyone/everything including network viruses. Lately, my drive has had several attacks by the Lovegate virus.

Eliminating such attacks requires making my drive private, meaning I must remove "Guest" access rights and only allow logged-in users to access the drive through the ASP.NET applicaiton.

The problem is that without "guest" access rights, the ASP.NET application itself cannot access the drive!

Is my ASP.NET application a "user" that I must add to the list of priviledged users on the Gigadrive? Well, I tried adding users "ASPNET" and "IUSR_MyComputer" to the Gigadrive, but it didnt seem to work.

Again, if I allow the "Everyone" group (which includes the user "Guest") to have persmission to the drive, then everything works.

Can someone please help me?

E

Evertjan.

wrote on 17 jul 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
My ASP.NET application needs
[..]
Can someone please help me?

Sure:

Please ask an dotnet group, as this NG is classical ASP only.

Ask a Question