asp.net application not resolving relative paths

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rjbr, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. rjbr

    rjbr Guest

    ASP.NET problem

    I have ASP.NET 1.1 application installed on 3 server Win2003/IIS6

    Relative paths are being resolved in 2 of those but not on one

    dir structire
    /app/
    /import

    I am using following in code
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./import/app.css"/>

    But if I change above to below it works on third server also
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../import/app.css"/>

    I am using session state cookieless="true"

    rjbr, Apr 28, 2006

  2. rjbr

    rjbr Guest

    rjbr, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Re: asp.net application not resolving relative paths (similar issue)

    Hello,
    We have a similar problem in our web application.
    The error reported is given with in brackets []:
    [
    Server Error in '/AccountClient' Application.
    The resource cannot be found
    dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
    temporarily unavailable.
    Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    Requested URL:
    /accountClient/Home/Controller/Home/Controller/Home.aspx
    ]
    You can see the folder name "/Home/Controller/ getting repeated in the URL.
    For our web application, we used the .Net framework 1.1, the web server is
    IIS 5 and OS is Win2000 server. We used .Net Remoting in our web
    application.This problem is reported once in a while and not consistently
    happening.

    Home.aspx is the first page getting loaded after a successful authentication
    in our application (after login.aspx) All the common urls used across the
    applicaiton are configured in the web.config file.

    We have a section called <redirects> in the web.config and under which we
    have various key names. In each of these key names a URL is assigned.
    For example
    <add key="LoginSuccess" value="../../Home/Controller/Home.aspx" />

    In login.aspx page, once if the user's authentication is validated, using a
    config reader the LoginSuccess key value is fetched and the user is routed to
    the home.aspx page.

    This works fine in most of the case(95%). Rarely the users are getting the
    error reported in the beginining.

    Once if this issue is reported our IT operation persons will open the
    web.config file and do a re-save. Once if they restart the application, the
    application works fine for the same user who got the error before(i.e., the
    home.aspx loads properly).
    Can some one explain us how exactly IIS treats web.config?.

    Is IIS storing the web.config in it when the application first started?. And
    is it getting locked or something. Because when we resave the web.config,
    this whole problem is not happening.

    Thanks in advance,
    Aloysius

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxveXNpdXMgTWFyaWEgU2VsdmFt?=, Jul 12, 2006