ASP.NET Application Prompting for User Name/Password at Random

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Prodip Saha, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Prodip Saha

    Prodip Saha Guest

    My Asp.Net application is prompting for user name/password dialog at random.
    I would appreciate your help if you could shed some lights. There is no
    particular pattern that I could pin point. Possible scenarios are:

    User gets this prompt at the start of the application. The same user closes
    the IE and reopens, and all works fine.
    User is already in the application but they occationally get the prompt at
    any page.
    User is running a lengthy process. Once in a while they get the prompt to
    run exactly the same functionality.

    The application(on intranet) is using Windows Integrated Authentication with
    Impesonation set to False. All Domain users are authorized if they are being
    authenticated. Application is running on Windows 2000.

    Thanks,
    Prodip

    Prodip Saha, Aug 13, 2004