asp.net application slow starting

amessimon

Hi

I run an asp.net website on shared hosting, thie site probably gets 40-50
unique visitors a day. Ive noticed that for periods of time when the site
has maybe not had visitors for maybe 20mins that the pages seem to very slow
to load again initially. I appreciate are compliled to start with but this
seems to happen again if the site has not had any activity for 20mins.

Has anyone else had any experience of anything like this, if so have they
found any workarounds?

Thanks in advance

amettimon

amessimon

Hi,
So its basically down to the web application stopping running as there are
no active sessions. The problem i have is that quite a few of the pages on
my site are fairly heavy in terms of resource use, the idea of having to to
endure the slow startup and recompilation for some of these pages is
annoying.

I guess this would be a problem quite a few people not lucky enough to be
able to work with dedicated hosting might have experienced. Ive read this
article (
http://authors.aspalliance.com/PaulWilson/Articles/default.aspx?id=12 )which
quite a few people have pointed out to me before but alas it seems to make
no difference.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get round this, i guess the idea for working
with .net in the first place was the increase in perfomance right?

I guess caching would not help here as the pages have been dropped from
memory?

Thanks in advance