ASP.NET application wrong culture picked up

Aliasgar Pocketwala

Hi,

I have an asp.net application that is using the wrong culture. I
cant figure out where does it get its setting from.
My web application runs as a specific user since so that I can give
it some more rights. I can login to the web server using this user
identity. Now I go to the regional settings and change the date format
to a specific (dd-MMM-yyyy) format. Now my asp.net process is running
properly with this new identity however when I try to display the date
it moves to the en-AU culture and displays it incorrectly.
I have not set this culture in the machine.config file nor is it
present anywhere in the web.config file. Where can ASP.NET be using
the en-AU culture from.
I am at my wits end here. Has anyone have any ideas.

Regards
Questaly

Mark MacRae

I had a similar problem with a server that was originally installed as
en-CA, but all our apps use en-US. I had to go into the registry and
manually change settings for each user.

Try looking under HKEY_USERS -> the user(s) -> Control Panel ->
International

Make sure that all the international settings are what you expect, and check
the Locale number too.

As I said, I ended up just changing all users' settings, but if have to have
other culture settings for other users, you may need to narrow it down.

You'll likely need to reboot to get the settings to take effect, and FYI
every service pack I've installed on the server seems to revert these
settings back to the old culture.

HTH,
mark

Mario Vargas

Did you happen to set this "wrong culture" in your Regional Settings? Go to
Control Panel -> Regional Settings to find out...

Mario