ASP.net beginner question

djp

Hi

My goal is to write C# application that connects to the ASP script. This
script is dooing saveral tasks like - sending XML files, receiving and
sending files (back to the C# app). I could use PHP ( because i have already
prepared script ), but i know C# well so i decided to use this knowledge -
and write the script myself. My C# app was calling PHP script sending many
informations in a call ( e.g http://address/bla.php?INFO1=1 ).
Most of the books about ASP.net is about writing web pages. I do not need it
actually. What i need is gather some basic informations like:
- how asp.net works with IIS.
- Do I actually need to write web page - is there a difference between web
page and script?
- i would like to know how my code can receive sent information INFO1 in
this example.
- examples of code where such a communication is done...

.... and similar stuff

i would be grateful for any links, or advices...
PK

Guest

Hi

My goal is to write C# application that connects to the ASP script.

I suppose you mean "ASP.NET web application using C#"

- how asp.net works with IIS.

How ASP.NET Works with IIS 6.0
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...IIS/f1a39358-5ab8-4dc1-a60d-eedea7360780.mspx

- Do I actually need to write web page - is there a difference between web
page and script?

I suppose you mean the same thing

- i would like to know how my code can receive sent information INFO1 in
this example.

Look at WebRequest Class...