ASP.NET Blank Screen

Eric

We have a page that displays a datagrid with quite a bit of data in it.
We have a few comb-boxes that we filter data on when we click the
search button. I can change the combo-boxes and click the search
button, but if during that time I go and look at an email or get a cup
of water, I come back and click the search button I get a white screen
or blank screen. I checked my session and it is still valid. If I
close the page and re-open it it works fine. It only stops working
when it has been sitting idle for 60 secs or so. Does anybody know
what causes this to produce the blank screen after a period of
inactivity?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

Eric

Eric said:
We have a page that displays a datagrid with quite a bit of data in it.
We have a few comb-boxes that we filter data on when we click the
search button. I can change the combo-boxes and click the search
button, but if during that time I go and look at an email or get a cup
of water, I come back and click the search button I get a white screen
or blank screen. I checked my session and it is still valid. If I
close the page and re-open it it works fine. It only stops working
when it has been sitting idle for 60 secs or so. Does anybody know
what causes this to produce the blank screen after a period of
inactivity?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

It turns out that we needed to issue the following 2 statements from
the c:\inetpub\adminscripts directory to solve the problem:

cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/site#/uploadreadaheadsize 200000

and set the SSLAlwaysNegoClientCert value by issuing the following
command:

cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/site#/SSLAlwaysNegoClientCert true

where site# is the identifier number associated with the website.

We found web pages in the www.microsoft.com/technet section explaining
the problem. It turns out we were getting a HTTP 413 error, but the
browser was displaying a blank page. We used a troubleshooting tool to
tell us the error.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric