Asp.Net Booking system

Andrea Gasperi

Hi there,
I'm about to start a new project.
I have to write a booking system for a Hotel in Asp.Net. I've take a look
@codeplex @[email protected] @google @live :)-) and now I'm pretty
confused.

I'have find no good starter kit or open source project and this sounds very
strange to me since the topic is pretty common in web programming. So,
before to start writing code from scratch, I'm asking you if you know
something that can help me in this.

Thank's for your support!
Take Care
Andrea.

Hillbilly

I really want to know if you are crazy or what?
Have you been nipping the Anisette again? :)
What have you learned by studying a booking service like http://hotels.com/
and others?

//google this
hotel booking software filetype:aspx

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Andrea,

As you have observed, less of this kind of software are free. However, as
Hillbilly said, you can get some ideas from the existing web sites.

Data access is one of the key points of this kind of projects. You can
refer to the following post to learn data access in ASP.NET:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1385241/2943275.aspx

Other reference:

ASP.NET quickstart:
http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/Default.aspx

AJAX:
http://www.asp.net/ajax/

Silverlight:
http://silverlight.net/

As always, if you meet with any difficulty when writing the project, please
feel free to ask in the managed ASP.NET Newsgroup. I'll do my best to
provide assistance.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

Andrea Gasperi

Thanks Allen,
you confirmed my opinion.
Andrea.

P.S.: If you meet Hillbilly tell him I love him :)