ASP.NET breaks on every reboot??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Howard Pinsley, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Every time I reboot my machine, I can no longer run ASP.NET
    applications. I have to run aspnet_regiis.exe /i after every reboot.

    The error:

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
    browser to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this
    specific request failure can be found in the application event log of
    the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused
    this error to occur.

    The error log contains:

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure
    that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on
    the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

    I "solve" the problem by running:

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis.exe /i
    Start installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).
    Finished installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).

    Then I have to restart IIS. Then ASP.NET applications run fine until
    the next time I reboot the machine (a Windows 2000 SP4 workstation).
    Any ideas? Incidentally the IWAM_<machine> account is a member of both
    Users and Power Users.
    Howard Pinsley, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Howard Pinsley

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    have you checked if information given in this article (regarding the Win2k
    SP 4) would help?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;821546

    -
    Teemu Keiski