asp.net C# payflowlink post and capturing silent post

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by khawar, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. khawar

    khawar Guest

    my application is in asp.net using C#
    hi guys having a complicated problem
    i am using payflowlink to process CC payments
    I have to send a httppost to their servers. The problem
    is how do i do a post where i get these values like the
    amount from the database.
    eg of the post:
    <form method="post"
    action="https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm">
    <input type="hidden" name="name" value="john adams">
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="12.00">
    <input type="submit" value="buy">
    </form>
    i want the user to hit purchase now button
    (asp:ImageButton onClick="purchase_clicked")
    and when the the purchase_clicked function is run the
    function should get the price from database and then send
    the post automatically without the user having to click
    anymore buttons)
    (i know how to get the price from database, but how do i
    do a post from that function. any help would be
    appricated thans)

    Problem 2:
    Secondly once the transaction in completed the result is
    sent back to my website from verisign (owner of
    payflowlink) in a silent post. How would i capture the
    name/value pairs string they sent in the silent post in
    asp.net C#.
    any code samples would be greatly appriciated
    thanks alot
    any question please call me 718-909-2244
    my name is khawar
    khawar, Oct 28, 2003

  2. khawar

    vMike Guest

    Other may have better answers (I am looking for one too), but it sounds a
    lot like Paypal. For paypal I build a querystring instead a form post. I
    don't know if payflow work the same but it may be worth a try. ( I hide the
    query string from the user using a window.status)

    For you second question you will need to look into webrequest and
    webresponse. You need a page to 'listen' for a post and then process.
    Usually this means sending a response back to their servers acknowedging
    that the information is valid, then you can use the information from the
    post to update your database.

    vMike, Oct 28, 2003

  3. khawar

    vMike Guest

    Here is a good discussion of webresponse and webrequest

    http://west-wind.com/presentations/dotnetWebRequest/dotnetWebRequest.htm

    vMike, Oct 28, 2003