ASP.NET Cache vs Window System Cache

Sergey via DotNetMonster.com

Does anyone know whether the ASP.NET cache has higher priority than the
windows system cache? My application clears the cache before the expiration
time, unless the objects are added with CacheItemPriority.NotRemovable. The
task manager shows that lots of RAM are taken for the system cache.

More details can be found in the following thread:
http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/asp-net/74145