ASP.NET Calendar Web Server Control - Script Error

Patrik Nilsson

Howdy all!

I have just tested the calendar control and all works just fine till I
for some reason used the shift key the same time as I selected a day
in the calendar. A new browser window appeared and I got a script
error (Object expected, Line 0). I suspected it was my implementation
which missed something and went out the net to find another
implementation of the control, but the same behavior occured. Is this
a bug or by design?

I use VS 2003, C# (shouldn't matter, or?), Framework 1.1 and IE
6.0.2800.....

To use this control (which i want to) I have to be sure the customers
can't produce an error like this!

If anybody else have had the same problem and know what to do about it
please drop a line.

Thanx!

// Patrik

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

This is not a bug. This is expected behaviour by browser.

TO know more about this Just type the following line
address bar and press Enter Key. You will get the same
error.

javascript:runthis()

Ravikanth[MVP]

Patrik Nilsson

Thanx for a quick answer!

Ok, the error didn't suprised me but the riddle was why IE opened a
new browser window and I now realize that this is a browser feature
I'd never seen before (I've been using IE in about 7 years now!), but
who reads a manual..:)

Thanx again!

// Patrik