ASP.NET choke when trying to delete cookies

Kevin Yu

hi all

I have a applicatoin unavailable error when I try to delete a cookie from a
user's hard drive, what I am trying to do is to set the expire =
datetime.now.adddays(-1) and add it to the response.cookies collection, but
asp.net seems to running heavy on memory when it process this and eventually
crash give an error like this in the application eventlog:

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2724) was recycled because memory consumption exceeded
the 306 MB (60 percent of available RAM).

what happened?

Kevin

Brock Allen

I suspect it's unrelated to setting the expiration on the cookie. If you're
caching loads (meaning more than you should) of data in sesison or the cache,
then this behavior is expected. Could this be a possibility?

Kevin Yu

but it won't be 300something Mb, what it does is we use a product call
directory smart which sits on top of the windows AD and authenticated user
when they sign on to a site. a cookie is created to keep track of the user's
information, also in the session there is this userContext boject but I
don't think the object will be that big.

Brock Allen

Hmm, maybe the excessive memory is coming from the AD interop layer? I can't
say for sure, as I've never used those APIs.