ASP.NET Client Validation Javascript Partially Rendering

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bill, Jul 14, 2011.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have asked this question on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/
    questions/6686513/asp-net-client-validation-javascript-partially-
    rendering) but have not received an answer. I have been fruitlessly
    trying to resolve it on my own.

    This is happening on my development machine and the same codebase is
    working in production. So I believe this to be an IIS/Framework issue.
    It affects all pages.

    On both servers, the Page_Validators are setup correctly:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var Page_Validators = new
    Array(document.getElementById("ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired"),
    document.getElementById("ValidatorCheckPostDateRequired"),
    document.getElementById("ValidatorCheckPostDateFormat"),
    document.getElementById("ValidatorCheckNumberRequired"),
    document.getElementById("ValidatorCheckTotalRequired"),
    document.getElementById("ValidatorCheckTotalFormat"));
    // -->
    </script>
    However, on my development machine it does not render the script block
    that sets the validation properties:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired = document.all ?
    document.all["ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired"] :
    document.getElementById("ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired");
    ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired.controltovalidate = "txtPayer";
    ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired.errormessage = "<br>Insurance Payer Is
    Required";
    ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired.display = "Dynamic";
    ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired.evaluationfunction =
    "RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid";
    ValidatorInsurancePayerRequired.initialvalue = "";
    ..
    .. all other Page Validators
    ..
    // -->
    </script>
    I have tried running aspnet_regiis -c to reinstall the validation
    scripts. Failing that I tried that with a -e (remove) followed by -i
    (install).

    Any ideas?

    Bill, Jul 14, 2011

  2. Bill

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >I have asked this question on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/
    > questions/6686513/asp-net-client-validation-javascript-partially-
    > rendering) but have not received an answer. I have been fruitlessly
    > trying to resolve it on my own.
    >
    > This is happening on my development machine and the same codebase is
    > working in production. So I believe this to be an IIS/Framework issue.
    > It affects all pages.
    >
    > On both servers, the Page_Validators are setup correctly:

    <snip>
    > I have tried running aspnet_regiis -c to reinstall the validation
    > scripts. Failing that I tried that with a -e (remove) followed by -i
    > (install).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Are you using the same browser when viewing both the dev and production
    machines?

    Does it make a difference if you use a different browser?

    Does it make a difference if you clear the browser cache first?

    Have you overloaded any Render functions with your own?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Jul 15, 2011