ASP.NET Code Impersonation - accessing NAS from W2K

Wim Hollebrandse

Hi,

We have a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) as web server and are trying to upload
documents to a NAS using code impersonation, following the sample as can be
found at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306158 .

ACL's are correctly set, and the domain account credentials we use are
correct as well. The ASP.NET app works fine on Windows 2003 (tested on two
W2K3 boxes). On Windows 2000 however (also tested on two boxes),
impersonation fails miserably.

On Windows 2000, it always fails with the following Win32 API error message:
"The specified procedure could not be found."

Subsequent calls (after web app startup) result in either one of two Win32
API error messages:

"Overlapped I/O operation is in progress."

Or

"The system cannot find the file specified."

The directory to upload to has been added as virtual directory with the path
to the NAS and the right credentials. ASPNET account has privileges 'Act as
part of OS'.

Any idea why this is working fine on Windows 2003, but not on Windows 2000?

Thanks,
Wim Hollebrandse