asp.net COM .dll Interop

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by bjh652174, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. bjh652174

    bjh652174 Guest

    I am having problems using a .dll with asp.net.

    The .dll is written in and compiled using borland c++ builder. I am using
    asp.net with com interop to import the .dll. The .dll works correctly if I
    use it in a standard VB.NET application. There are 3 functions that are being
    called in the .dll

    OpenConnection
    Request
    CloseConnection

    I have tried inserting some trace statements to a file to verify if the .dll
    is being called via asp.net. It appears the the open connection function is
    being called but the Request function does not work with asp.net. The request
    function implements a delay of about 10 seconds before it returns control
    back to the calling program. Could this have something to do with why it is
    not working? Also this .dll also works on a system that has Windows XP
    loaded. Asp.net does not work with the .dll on windows 2000.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thank You

    bjh652174, Dec 29, 2004