ASP.NET Combo-Box with Country name and flag

anbaesivam

Hi,

In my web application, I want to display a combo-box with the list of
country along with flag. That is each item of combo-box will be in format
[<Country Flag>Country]. Kindly help me how can achive this. I am using C#,
ASP.NET for my web application.

Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
here are some links that could be helpful to you,

mmm.obout.com/combobox
mmm.easylistbox.com/demoCustomized.aspx
ptth://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/select/jsGenerated.html

(i still dont have rights to post the link, so replace mmm with www and ptth with http)

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,

Unfortunately as far as I know the only way to do so is to set background
image for <option>.

http://bytes.com/groups/html/154825-img-option-tag

However, this is not a cross-browser solution. In IE it's not supported:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535877(VS.85).aspx#

To get a cross-browser solution I suggest you use Silverlight to render
client side UI. It will give you more flexibility.

You can get started from:

http://silverlight.net/

Please feel free to ask if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,

Do you have any progress on this issue? If you have any questions please
don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support