ASP.NET command line compiler?

Teemu Keiski

I believe VS.NET's executable devenv.exe has capability to do that from
commandline (without GUI) but it won't help if you need to do that in a
machine where VS.NET isn't installed.

--
Teemu Keiski

How can I compile my VS.NET ASP.NET project from the command line?

Guest

You probably want to use the compiler for the language, not the IDE. Visual Studio is not a language itself

<language compiler> filename <options

C# command line cimpiler name: cs
VB command line cimpiler name: vb

So for compiling a C# file named myFile.cs the syntax would be: csc myFile.c

You can look up the syntax for multi file assemplies etc, but you might not have been having any luck becuase the command line compiler info is for the language used. You do not need Visual Studio installed on the machine, but you do need the .Net Framework

Joh