ASP.NET Configuration Error

Pratap

I cannot configure web.config file properly on my system.
Pls help me getting following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
---------------------

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request.
Please review the specific error details below and modify
your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section
registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
beyond application level. This error can be caused by a
virtual directory not being configured as an application
in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 7: <system.web>
Line 8:
Line 9: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 10: <forms name="dtiindiaupload"
loginUrl="dtiupload/login.aspx" protection="All"
timeout="1" path="/" />
Line 11: </authentication>

Chris Jackson

One of two things: you don't have your root directory configured as an
application in IIS, or you are trying to set up your authentication mode in
a subdirectory, which is not allowed.