ASP.NET Configuration Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Pratap, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Pratap

    Pratap Guest

    I cannot configure web.config file properly on my system.
    Pls help me getting following error:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ---------------------

    Configuration Error
    configuration file required to service this request.
    Please review the specific error details below and modify
    your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section
    registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
    beyond application level. This error can be caused by a
    virtual directory not being configured as an application
    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 7: <system.web>
    Line 8:
    Line 9: <authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 10: <forms name="dtiindiaupload"
    loginUrl="dtiupload/login.aspx" protection="All"
    timeout="1" path="/" />
    Line 11: </authentication>

    Pratap, Nov 14, 2003

  2. One of two things: you don't have your root directory configured as an
    application in IIS, or you are trying to set up your authentication mode in
    a subdirectory, which is not allowed.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer