ASP.NET configuration item not found

barry

I go to the website menu and click on ASP.NET configuration item but it can
not find it. Am I missing something?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Barry,

Check the machine to see whether you have the required files installed in:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles

You may need to reinstall the .NET Framework and VStudio.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

barry

Thanks for the reply Ken.

Yes the ASP.NETWebAdminFiles folder does exits

Is there anything I should check for?

thanks
barry

barry said:
I go to the website menu and click on ASP.NET configuration item but it
can not find it. Am I missing something?

barry

Thanks Ken for the response

Yes, the ASP.NETWebAdminFiles folder does exits.

Is there anything I can check?

barry said:
I go to the website menu and click on ASP.NET configuration item but it
can not find it. Am I missing something?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Are you using the internal Web server for development or IIS? It may not
work with IIS.

barry said:
I go to the website menu and click on ASP.NET configuration item but it
can not find it. Am I missing something?

barry

I am using IIS.
I gather I would have to download the web server?
Is my alternative to manually setup authorization and authentication for
application security?