ASP.NET configuration manager - Acces Data Provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Devlon, Apr 16, 2008.

  1. John Devlon

    John Devlon Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to use the ASP.NET configuration manager to configure users and
    roles. But when clicking on the securitt tab, the screen go's blanc.

    I'm using an Acces data provider, which can be download from the microsoft
    website. I've compiled the visual C# solution and placed it in my bin folder
    of my current project. After making a refence to the dll-files, I copied the
    example web.config file to my current project.

    Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?

    Thanx

    John

    Info on...

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/nl-be/asp.net/aa336558(en-us).aspx

    John Devlon, Apr 16, 2008

  2. John Devlon

    John Devlon Guest

    funny thing, the problem fixed itself.... didn't change a thing.... just
    rebuild a few times

    John

    John Devlon, Apr 16, 2008

  3. In general, prep the database and add the connection strings and provider
    bits manually. This is how I solve it when I have issues. If you want to
    make it easy, connect to SQL Express and then flip over to Access after you
    have all of the config bits written by the tools.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 16, 2008
  4. John Devlon

    John Devlon Guest

    Thanx for the great advice...

    John

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <> schreef in
    bericht news:...

    John Devlon, Apr 16, 2008