ASP.NET Configuration Utility

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SAL, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. SAL

    SAL Guest

    Hello,
    I'm using the Web Application Administration utility that ships with .NET
    2.0, and while I think this tool is awesome, I'm not seeing a way to delimit
    roles by application.
    I used the SQL Server Registration Tool (aspnet_regsql.exe) and it added the
    database and tables to my local instance of sql server 2005. The database
    (aspnetdb) does indeed have an Application table (dbo.aspnet_Applications)
    but when you add roles via the Web Application Administration tool, it
    doesn't seem to limit the role to the current application. Additionally,
    when I use the following line of code:

    Roles.ApplicationName = "MyAppName"

    When I then execute:
    Role.GetAllRoles

    Nothing is returned. If I don't set the application name, I get all the
    roles in the database.

    Is there a way to make this sort of thing happen either via the Web
    Application Administration tool or via code?

    Any help would be much appreciated

    SAL, Apr 12, 2007