ASP.NET Configuration Utility

SAL

Hello,
I'm using the Web Application Administration utility that ships with .NET
2.0, and while I think this tool is awesome, I'm not seeing a way to delimit
roles by application.
I used the SQL Server Registration Tool (aspnet_regsql.exe) and it added the
database and tables to my local instance of sql server 2005. The database
(aspnetdb) does indeed have an Application table (dbo.aspnet_Applications)
but when you add roles via the Web Application Administration tool, it
doesn't seem to limit the role to the current application. Additionally,
when I use the following line of code:

Roles.ApplicationName = "MyAppName"

When I then execute:
Role.GetAllRoles

Nothing is returned. If I don't set the application name, I get all the
roles in the database.

Is there a way to make this sort of thing happen either via the Web
Application Administration tool or via code?

Any help would be much appreciated