ASP.Net connection to Oracle TNS Timeout

Woolli

Hello,
Ive written an asp.net application which is to run on an intranet. The application is working fine on my locan maschine, but Im getting a tns timeout when runnng it on the webserver.
when I logonto the webserver I can send a secsesful tnsping to the oracle database.
Could it be that Im geting the timeout because the webserver trys to connect to the oracle server with its local account and this is being rejected from the database?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Guest

Hello,
Ive written an asp.net application which is to run on an intranet. The application is working fine on my locan maschine, but Im getting a tns timeout when runnng it on the webserver.
when I logonto the webserver I can send a secsesful tnsping to the oracle database.
Could it be that Im geting the timeout because the webserver trys to connect to the oracle server with its local account and this is being rejected from the database?

What's your connection string and where do you get the error, on
Open()?