ASP.NET controls interact with each other in IE; blinking!

Ling

Hi,

I guessed this is a weird question but it really bothers me.

I created a web page w/ asp.net, have a menu on the top and a listbox
right below it. When I try to navigate the menu, the listbox blinks.

Note that it only happens with IE. I don't have blinks in Firefox at
all.

Even weird is when I removed the height of listbox, the listbox stopped
blinking but the menu started blinking.

Does anyone know why?
Thank you in advance.

Below is the sample code that blinks:
<asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server">
<Items>
<asp:MenuItem Text="ABCD">
<asp:MenuItem Text="ABCD"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="ABCD"></asp:MenuItem>
</asp:MenuItem>
</Items>
</asp:Menu>
<asp:ListBox ID="listReports" runat="server" Height="50px" >
<asp:ListItem>ABCD</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem>ABCD</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem>ABCD</asp:ListItem>
</asp:ListBox>

Guest

Ling,
Seen this myself. Menu has lots of fancy-schmancy javascript behind the
scenes, can create very annoying effects in certain combinations with other
controls.

Might try embedding transparent IFRAME between menu and Listbox - Bertrand
Leroy has nice post on his blog about this.
Peter

Ling

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.
If possible, can you explain more about why/how javascript causes the
blinking?

I suspect it's javascript too, because I also found the blinking
problem where I have a dropdown sends a callback, and it causes the
page to blink sometimes (not all the time). But just don't know why
javascript can cause that.

Thanks.