ASP .NET cookies / session

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SJ, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. SJ

    SJ Guest

    So, Here's whats happening -

    In my web app, I set a cookie to expire after an hour(60mins) from the time
    it was created. As far as I know, I have also set the session to last for
    60mins.
    FYI: I have a background (AJAX) request polling every 46secs.

    The strange thing thats happening though is that 30mins from when the cookie
    was created, the the expiration time on the cookie gets changed from the
    specified end time to - "At end of session" and i get logged out. (I know
    this is happnening because I have set Firefox to "ask everytime" a cookie is
    set.)

    I have checked the <forms/> tag in both web.config and machine.config. And I
    have checked the session state timeout value in IIS. They're all set to
    60mins.

    So why is my session timing out at 30mins?

    -Shefali.

    SJ, Aug 9, 2007