ASP.NET CSS Problem with FireFox

Guest

Hi!

I am trying to finish a site, but I can't seem to overcome this problem. It
appears that FireFox cannot see the CSS style sheet. Here is the test site:

www.NOTATranslators.org/New/Index2.aspx

The sight looks right in IE7. It is developed with VS.2005 SP1.

Googling this shows that a potential issue might have to do with setting the
browser capabilities. I am not familiar with setting <browserCaps>. How do I
make these changes? Does this have to be done for each browser type? I would
like to add Safari as well.

The site is hosted at UplinkEarth.com, so if it involves touching a
machine-level file, I might be out of luck. I am hoping this can be addressed
in the web.config or on my master page.

Any help would be most appreciated! This is a show-stopper.

Thanks!
Michael

Guest

Thanks! I looked at the source and I see the same thing. Apparently some of
the comments I added were interpreted incorrectly. Though there are still
quirks in FireFox with my styles, it does look better.

The world of open standards - sigh.

Thanks for your help!
Michael

Guest

Thanks! I am a shrink-wrap developer by trade, so web sites are secondary to
me. I will remember your advice next time!

Thanks again!
Michael

Guest

In my case, I did not need to mess with it. Rearranging the comments I placed
in the header solved the problem.

Juan T. Llibre

Browsercaps is still supported in ASP.NET 2.0 ( i.e., it works ), although it's officially
deprecated.