ASP.Net Datagrid Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by mh, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. mh

    mh Guest

    I have a datagrid on an aspx page that correctly shows my data using the
    following code:

    <asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 96px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 160px"
    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
    OnEditCommand="DataGrid1_EditCommand">
    <Columns>
    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Equipment_Serial"
    HeaderText="Equipment_Serial"></asp:BoundColumn>

    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Equipment_Location"
    HeaderText="Equipment_Location"></asp:BoundColumn>

    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="Equipment_Tracking_Number"
    HeaderText="Equipment_Tracking_Number"></asp:BoundColumn>

    <asp:EditCommandColumn ButtonType="LinkButton" UpdateText="Update"
    CancelText="Cancel" EditText="Edit"></asp:EditCommandColumn>
    </Columns>
    </asp:datagrid></form>

    However, if I click the "Edit" link the grid, it just returns a blank
    page rather than a grid capable of inline editing.

    My EditCommand Event on my cs page looks like thism if that makes a
    difference:
    DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
    DataGrid1.DataBind();

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Matt