ASP.Net Datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by C, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. C

    C Guest

    Hi,

    I have a datagrid on an ASP.Net where the columns are not generated
    automatically.

    I have 2 questions.

    1. How can I loop through the dataset (C#) and set each column field
    individually.
    The reason I want to do this is because I want to interweave one of the
    values in a column in DHTML.

    2 If one of my columns is a button column how do I set the text field to be
    the value in another column....
    For Example.
    <asp:datagrid........>
    <Columns>
    <asp:ButtonColumn DatTextField=?? ...>
    <asp:BoundColumn DataField="SomeDataField" DataTextField="Test">
    <Columns>
    </asp:datagrid>

    In above how do I set the text of the button column to be the value in my
    Datafield in column 2.

    (Note: I may have the names/syntax in above datagrid incorrect, but you
    should get the idea)

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    COG.