asp.net date objects vs. classic asp date objects

J. Muenchbourg

I have scripts on a server that awhile back had new option/server packs
installed (to accomodate security and net framework issues) and my
classic asp date references
"Date()" and "Now" will sometimes flip flop the formatting of the date
from 10/3/2003 to 3/10/2003 (european mode).

What would be a good way to use an include file to perhaps an asp.net
date object, or where would I find a good reference to using an aspx
file to calculate and display the date properly so that I can avoid this
flip flop snafu of the date formatting.

thanks
Muench

msnews.microsoft.com

IN .NET, you can use the globalization/localization objects to format the
date however you want. In fact, you can get the proper format of the country
you are looking at and display it based on the user's culture. You simply
flip the culture to the proper culture for the database before you save and
flip to user's culture when you pull from the database. .NET makes this
really easy.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA