    I use Windows XP, IE6 and .NET Studio 7.1.3088 upon .NET Framework 1.1.432

    PLEASE HELP!

    Lots of thanks in advance

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50b24=?=, Feb 8, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW50b24=?=

    DalePres Guest

    There's a mismatch between the pdb file, the source file, and the executable
    file. Recompile and redeploy the app using Visual Studio to deploy rather
    than just copying files. You could copy them yourself but if you use Visual
    Studio to deploy you're more sure to get all the right files into all the
    right places.

    Dale

    "Anton" <> wrote in message
    > I have a regular ASP application which I'm trying to port to ASP.NET.
    > One ASPX page is ready and loads correctly.
    > I put a breakpoint into this page and hit F5.
    > Debugger opens IE and gets to the breakpoint.
    > Now when I use F10 or F11 in order to continue debugging, the debugger

    advances to wrong lines (stops even on empty lines)

    > I use Windows XP, IE6 and .NET Studio 7.1.3088 upon .NET Framework

    1.1.4322

    DalePres, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Thanks for the info.

    ONLY YESTERDAY IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!

    The situation is as following
    - I had a bunch of ASP files in directory Sample.Net. All of them with ASPX extensio
    - I created a new project under Sample.Ne
    - When I (re)build it creates subdir Bin where it places PDB and DL
    - When I debug it gets only to the first file where I put a breakpoin
    - Then when I use F11 to step into a function (defined in another included ASPX file) it continues to travel into the same (first) ASPX but on lines where the function is defined into the other ASPX

    Therefore I have nothing to deploy, it is the same directory. I tried to delete PDB and DLL -> doesn't help

    Rebuilds/resets/reboots/reconfigurations, even prayers do not help either

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50b24=?=, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Are the two files named the same thing, but living in different folders?

    --
    Thanks,

    Eric Lawrence
    Program Manager
    Assistance and Worldwide Services

    "Anton" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the info.
    >
    > ONLY YESTERDAY IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!
    >
    > The situation is as following:
    > - I had a bunch of ASP files in directory Sample.Net. All of them with

    ASPX extension

    Eric Lawrence [MSFT], Feb 8, 2004
  5. Is that a known bug? We ran into that the other day where the VS.NET
    debugger seemed to be finding a file with the same name but from a different
    project.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Feb 9, 2004
  6. No all files have different names. There is a subfolder, but it has no files with the same names as files in the application root folder.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50b24=?=, Feb 9, 2004
  7. I believe that is a known issue; certainly, I've seen it often enough.

    I've never heard of it happening when the files aren't named the same but
    just in different folders.

    Eric Lawrence [MSFT], Feb 11, 2004