    into it by now. Does anyone know how to fix this??

    thanks,

    _howard

    =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5n?=, Oct 3, 2004

  2. This is a known bug. I talked to someone at microsoft about it and he said
    that the only way he knows of is to never have installed vs2005. Keep in
    mind this is beta software and it does stuff like this often.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgU2ltb25z?=, Oct 3, 2004

  3. That is probably wrong, check out the asp.net tab in the property dialog
    for you site in iis. Change from .NET 2.0 to 1.1 to be able to debug your
    web application with 2003. The default setting is 2.0, and 2003 cannot
    debug 2.0 apps.

    /Hugo

    Hugo Wetterberg, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Hi Hugo - thanks for the suggestion.

    Unfortunately, this new feature does not seem to work yet. When i switch
    back to 1.1, apply the settings and close the dialog, i still get the "unable
    to start debugging on the web server" error, and additionally, when i then go
    back and look at the asp.net tab for my virtual, i can see that it was reset
    to the 2.0 version of the framework.

    _howard

    =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5n?=, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Howard,

    If you want to be able to debug between the two versions, you need to
    register the specific version of IIS each time. That is, if you
    installed Whidbey then the version of aspnet that ships with Whidbey
    (called Cassini) is currently registered and so you need to register
    the 2003 version before you can debug. You can do that by running
    "aspnet_regiis.exe –i" in the install folder at:

    %windir%\Microsoft.net\framework\v1.1*\
    %windir%\Microsoft.net\framework\v2*\

    sayed

    Sayed Hashimi, Oct 4, 2004