ASP.NET Debugging Woes

Tyrant Mikey

Okay, I'm stumped. I'm writing a Visual Basic .NET Web Application and
everything's been going marvelously until now. All of a sudden, Visual
Studio will not debug the application. The application runs, but all my
breakpoints are ignored.

I have verified the following:

1. ASP Debugging is enabled in IIS.
2. The default configuration in the Visual Studio project is set to
Debug (both build and run).
3. The "Debug" attribute of the "Compilation" tag in the Web.Config
file is set to "True".
4. In the project properties, under the Build tab, "Generate debugging
information" is checked.
5. In the project properties, under the Debugging tab, "ASP .NET
debugging" is checked.

I searched Google and tried every suggestion that I could find, to no
avail. I removed the web project from the solution and readded it. No
change occurred. I restarted the web service. I restarted my machine.
The only article on MSDN that matched the problem was useless because
it said that ASP.NET debugging wasn't enabled for the project, which
was, in fact, wrong.

It is worth noting that when the application runs, the breakpoints
briefly turn into red circles with question marks (no debug symbols),
then turn to solid red circles. However, if I am not wrong, I've set
everything correctly, so debug symbols should be getting loaded.

I am able to debug other applications, so it has to be something about
this particular application.

Can anyone suggest something that I missed? At this point, I may have
to recreate the project, and I really only want to do that as a last
resort (it's a large project).

Thanks in advance.

Peter Chadwick (MCP)

Sorry if you've already tried this, but under Build, Configuration
Manager is the Active Solution Configuration set to debug. And do all
the projects listed have the configuration column set to debug?
Regards,

Peter Chadwick (MCP)
(e-mail address removed)

Tyrant Mikey

Please ignore this message. I found the problem. The <%Page%> tag was
set to inherit the page from a *different* page class. No idea how that
happened (although I suspect that Save As has something to do with it).
Thank you for your time.