ASP.NET Deployment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ann Marinas, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. Ann Marinas

    Ann Marinas Guest

    Hello, all!

    I am having troubles deploying my ASP.NET Deployment on a virtual webserver.
    The webserver has 3 different web applications installed (all of them are
    ASP.NET web apps), and whenever I install my app, it keeps on showing the
    message below.

    Tried compiling and removing the unecessary files for deployment, removed
    the old web app files and replaced it with a new one, but still this error
    keeps on showing up.

    Please help!

    Many Thanks!

    --Ann

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'NZTravelSite.index'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="c#" ContentType="text/html"
    ResponseEncoding="gb2312" CodeBehind="index.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Inherits="NZTravelSite.index" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    Line 3: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

    Source File: E:\wwwroot\content\n\z\t\nztravelsite_com\index.aspx Line: 1

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032
    Ann Marinas, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Hi Ann,

    Are you copying the assemblies in the BIN directory? index.aspx.cs will be
    in your Web Project assembly and must exist on the server.

    Also, make sure you set up your application properly as a virtual
    directory/application in IIS. Sometimes these types of errors occur because
    the root application directory is up a few levels. I notice the app is
    showing the root directory of the server? Is that where your bin directory
    lives?

    That's where ASP.NET will look for the support assemblies.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies