ASP.NET Deployment

Ann Marinas

Hello, all!

I am having troubles deploying my ASP.NET Deployment on a virtual webserver.
The webserver has 3 different web applications installed (all of them are
ASP.NET web apps), and whenever I install my app, it keeps on showing the
message below.

Tried compiling and removing the unecessary files for deployment, removed
the old web app files and replaced it with a new one, but still this error
keeps on showing up.

Please help!

Many Thanks!

--Ann

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'NZTravelSite.index'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="c#" ContentType="text/html"
ResponseEncoding="gb2312" CodeBehind="index.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="NZTravelSite.index" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
Line 3: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Source File: E:\wwwroot\content\n\z\t\nztravelsite_com\index.aspx Line: 1

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Hi Ann,

Are you copying the assemblies in the BIN directory? index.aspx.cs will be
in your Web Project assembly and must exist on the server.

Also, make sure you set up your application properly as a virtual
directory/application in IIS. Sometimes these types of errors occur because
the root application directory is up a few levels. I notice the app is
showing the root directory of the server? Is that where your bin directory
lives?

That's where ASP.NET will look for the support assemblies.

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies